Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome One and All!!

Well, this post has been a long time coming. I have been going back and forth for months trying to decide on whether or not starting a business like this will be worth it- not to mention coming up with products and ideas and a name, etc. I truly have respect for those bloggers who just rock out daily posts and always have something great to teach! I hope to be right up there some day, but for now, I am starting with the basics. I love to sew. It is my therapy and my outlet. I went through eight years of infertility before finally realizing the miracle of adoption and through the many years of heartache and suffering, I found that sewing gave me the chance to create something beautiful and feel like I wasn't a failure in life, after all! I am now the proud mommy to two amazing boys; Kolton, who is three, and Sam, who is 18 months. They are biological half-brothers and that story is just too long to share here but let's just say that there is a birthmommy out there who will always have my heart in her pocket. A while ago, I decided I needed an apron specifically for sewing in. I have made hundreds of aprons and I truly do live in them, but I wanted this one to be special- like Superman's cape or Samson's hair- just something that when I wore it- the creative juices would flow and I could be invincible. Thus came about the polka dot apron. Everything I create, whether it is scrapbooking, sewing, quilting, or some other random project, I do so while wearing my polka dot apron. So, here I am, ready to start my journey by sharing my adventures in sewing and creating while wearing my polka dot apron. I don't pretend to know it all. I don't have a fancy expensive sewing machine nor can I afford designer fabric (YET!), but I know what I love and what makes me smile inside and I hope to share that with you. I am launching an Etsy site on Monday, May 16th 2011 and I hope you will swing by and let me know what you think. I look forward to each and every step on this adventure. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
XOXO
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment